Embed PowerBI Reports In SYNCHRO Control
In SYNCHRO Control, users are able to embed their own PowerBI reports inside the Dashboards tab. This will allow users to create the own reports with SYNCHRO data, as well as data from any other project-related application, and show it inside of SYNCHRO Control for a complete project overview.
Step 1: Get the embed URL from PowerBI
Inside the PowerBI report, navigate to File > Embed report > Website or portal.
A pop up displays with the URL, copy the top one.
Step 2: Embed the report in SYNCHRO Control
Inside the SYNCHRO Control project, navigate to Administration > Manage PowerBI dashboards and click New.
A pop up appears asking for a report name and the embed URL from the previous step. Fill out both and hit Save.
Step 3: Access the report in SYNCHRO Control
To access the report, navigate to Dashboards > PowerBI dashboards to see the project report from PowerBI.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need a PowerBI license to view the dashboard?
- Each user is required to log into PowerBI to be able to access the report inside of SYNCHRO Control.
- Can Bentley provide a PowerBI license?
- This assumes that the user already has a PowerBI account.
- Who can access the dashboard?
- Access is controlled through PowerBI. Any SYNCHRO user without access to the dashboard in PowerBI will not be able to see it.
- Can I add multiple dashboards per project?
- If there are more than one dashboard available on the project, a dropdown will appear at the top of the screen allowing users to select which they want.
- Who can add dashboards?
- Any user in the project can add a PowerBI dashboard. Other users will see that those dashboards exist but will not be able to access them unless they are granted access inside of PowerBI.
- Does Bentley provide a template?
Yes, you can download the SYNCHRO Power BI Data Connector file from the below link: