When working with a SYNCHRO Control Project users, roles, and permissions are all managed in SYNCHRO Control (web).
NOTE: Users and Roles will no longer be managed inside of SYNCHRO 4D Pro (desktop).
- To control who has access to what data in SYNCHRO 4D Pro, Control, and Field, you can customize the project Roles. To do this: in Control, select Administration>Manage your team, the select the Roles tab
- Select a Role to see the permissions.
- The relevant permissions related to 4D Pro are as follows. The other permissions relate to SYNCHRO Control.
- The user who created the Control project automatically has all permissions regardless of which role is assigned.
- Only users with both Administration > Setup 4D project and iModel > Administrate iModel can create a new iModel and enable the scheduling service in order to make it available to open in SYNCHRO Pro. It is recommended to limit the number of users with these permissions in order to avoid someone accidentally removing or overwriting the active 4D project.
- Only users with all the above permissions (Read/Write) may use File > Save As from SYNCHRO 4D Pro
- The settings indented under 4D Scheduling > Schedule are dependent on the setting for Schedule. When set to Read/Write, all settings underneath are also Read/Write; when set to None, all settings underneath are also None. When Schedule is set to Read, settings indented underneath can be edited separately – for example, some users may have Read only permission for Schedule, Actuals, and Assignments, None for Costs, and Read/Write for Resource status
- The settings for Documents and Issues under 4D Scheduling relate only to those items in SYNCHRO 4D Pro (desktop) and do NOT relate to the Constructions Issues (Forms) and Documents managed in SYCHRO Control (web)
- To create a new role, press Add role.
- Enter the Role name and Role description.
- You may choose to Copy permissions from existing role as a starting point to create a similar role.
- Edit the permissions under each heading. Some suggested roles and corresponding permissions are below:
- If you did not do so when setting up the project, you must add yourself as a project user in order to be able to open it from SYNCHRO 4D Pro. To do this, select Administration from the bottom left corner, then select Manage your team.
- Select the Add Users button and type your email address.
- Select Admin for the Note that the user who created the Control project automatically has all permissions regardless of which role is assigned.
- You may continue to add addition users by typing their email in the top bar, then selecting a Role for them.
- Select Save when finished adding users.