When starting a new 4D project, you must decide whether the 3D models will be imported via the 3D importers in SYCNHRO 4D Pro or whether the models will be bridged into the iModel using iModel Connections workflow. For help deciding which workflow to use, see this topic.
If you have decided to work with the importers in SYNCHRO 4D Pro:
- Start SYNCHRO 4D Pro with no open project
- Do not add or change anything
- Select File > Save As and save the empty .sp file
- Proceed with the steps in Upgrading an existing private project (.sp file) and upload the empty .sp file in step 2
- After the project is created you can open it in SYNCHRO 4D Pro
- In 4D Pro, go to File > Import and choose the model type to import: 3D, IFC, or Synchro Project (i.e. .spx files generated by the MicroStation, Revit, or Navisworks plugins). See the full list of file types that can be imported into SYNCHRO 4D Pro here.